Purchases made through Log Cabins Lakeland are protected by U.K law.
Log Cabins Lakeland is a UK based business so you are protected by UK law. Basically, anything on our website needs to conform to the Sales of Goods Act 1979 which means when you buy a log cabin kit through us, it needs to be fit for purpose, described accurately and of a satisfactory quality.
We also adhere to all Long Distance Selling Regulations under UK law. This means you have a ‘cooling off’ period of 7 days after purchase to request a refund, with the exception of bespoke/made to order log cabin kits.
The Log Cabins Lakeland website is operated by Lakeland Pallets Ltd (referred to as “Lakeland Pallets /Lakeland Pallets Ltd/we/our/us”). As a user of this website (referred to as “you/your”) you acknowledge that any use of this website including any transactions you make (“use/using”) is subject to our terms and conditions below.
If you have any questions please follow the instructions on the Contact Us page.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- You accept that these conditions and the documents referred to in them, constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties, and supersedes any previous agreement. No variation of these conditions shall be valid unless agreed in writing.
- Where goods are sold as a consumer sale (as defined by the Sale of Goods Act 1979), your statutory rights are not affected by these conditions.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use this website.
Log Cabin Kits, Pricing & Availability
- By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. All prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition to the price of the product.
5.1 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
5.2 Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
5.3 Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website (with the exception of bespoke/made to order items) for a full refund; you should inform us of any such cancellation in writing. Cancellation should be carried out within 7 days by letter, fax or email. We cannot accept cancellations by telephone. On cancellation we aim to refund within 30 working days, upon receipt of the returned item.
- Full payment for the price of the goods and delivery is required before we dispatch. A 50% deposit is required at time of order. The full balance will be required prior to delivery.
- You will be required to thoroughly check, sign and return cabin plans before any building will commence.
Log Cabins Free Delivery (exceptions apply)
- A valid signature from you or your representative aged 18 years or over is required upon delivery, at which point you bear all responsibility and risk.
8.1 If you are not available to sign for the goods upon delivery, prior written acceptance of responsibility must be authorised by us allowing the goods to be left unattended or signed for by a third party. If written acceptance of responsibility is not received prior to delivery, you will be liable for the failed and/or return delivery charges.
8.2 If there is nobody available to sign for the goods at time of delivery then equally this will be deemed a failed delivery by which you will be liable for failed/return delivery charges.
- We aim to deliver within 4-6 weeks. However, we cannot guarantee delivery within this time. Delivery times may vary and will be advised at time of order. You must accept your delivery within 14 days of contact from our Carrier. You will be liable for storage charges if you do not arrange delivery within this timeframe.
- Whilst we shall make every effort to deliver the goods in accordance with any times specified in the Contract, time shall not be of the essence in this regard.
- If we are unable to deliver your goods, or delivery is to be significantly delayed, we will inform you and you may cancel your order and claim a full refund (with the exception of bespoke log cabins).
- Delivery is charged in accordance with our Delivery & Returns Policy. Additional charges apply outside of mainland UK, to areas of Scotland, the Islands and Northern Ireland (Central London deliveries will also be subject to a Congestion Charge where applicable). Our Carrier does not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays or on recognised UK Bank Holidays (including arrangement for Scottish and Northern Ireland Bank Holidays that do not apply to the entire United Kingdom).
- We may deliver the goods in instalments and each instalment shall be treated as a separate Contract so that failure to deliver or defect in one or more instalments shall not entitle you to reject the other instalments.
- We shall not be liable for any delay to delivery caused by an event outside our reasonable control.
- Goods shall pass to you immediately upon leaving our premises.
- Deliveries shall be made to the roadside only, and it shall be at the discretion of the delivery driver to move the goods to an alternative point at the delivery property.
- It is your responsibility to provide suitable access for delivery, and notify us of any concerns, in writing, at the point of order. In this instance, you may be liable for any failed or return delivery charges if access is severely restricted and delivery cannot take place.
- In order to make a claim of transit damage against a courier, we must be notified within 24 hours of the delivery and we will require photographs of the goods and packaging. Should goods arrive with seriously damaged packaging you are expected to sign as such on the delivery note or refuse delivery and contact us immediately. We strongly advise that you insist on checking the contents prior to signing for acceptance or if you are unable to check the condition of the goods sign “unchecked”, as you will be otherwise signing that goods have been received in good condition. Please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods which may occur after delivery to you.
The signed delivery note will be your confirmation that you have received goods in satisfactory condition and will be used as evidence in any arising dispute after delivery has taken place.
Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
- In the unlikely event that the goods are damaged or unsuitable, you may return them within 7 working days for exchange, replacement parts or a full refund of the purchase price (excludes bespoke/made to order cabins).
19.1 Goods should be returned in their original condition and packaging. On receipt of the returned goods we will dispatch a replacement or provide a refund.
19.2 You will be liable for any damage to the goods caused while in your possession.
19.3 If we do not receive the returned goods within the 7 working day period you will be deemed to have accepted the goods.
- Return of unwanted goods is at our discretion. Returns will only be accepted if received within 7 working days in a resalable condition, in their original packaging.
20.1 Return of the goods to our business premises is done at your own cost.
20.2 The cost of any damage to the goods before return will be borne by you.
- Nothing stated in these conditions will, or is aiming to, limit our liability in relation to fraudulent misrepresentation, negligence causing death or personal injury, or defective products causing personal injury, death or damage to non-business property.
- We warrant that (subject to the other provisions of these conditions) the goods are of satisfactory quality (as defined in the Sale of Goods Act 1979) but do not warrant that the goods are fit for any purpose other than for that which they are specifically intended. We do however exclude liability arising from the following:
22.1 Failure to comply with fitting or installation instructions.
22.2 Use of the goods in excess of performance or load-bearing specifications listed in our product information.
22.3 Any modification or adaptation made to the goods by you or any third party.
Log Cabin Kits Fitting and Installation
23.If an installation service is available, and has been requested, you must ensure that a flat, level and square base/foundation, capable of carrying considerable weight, has been provided before installation can commence.
23.1.The site should be clear of overhanging branches or obstructions, and have sufficient unobstructed access (minimum 600mm) around the site for the safe erecting and maintenance of the building. If the base does not meet the required standards, you will be liable for the aborted labour costs (10% of the product price or the initial installation fee, whichever is greater), and the product will be left for self-assembly.
23.2.Should you require a return installation service, a similar charge (10% of the product price or the initial installation fee, whichever is greater) must be paid prior to the subsequent visit being made
23.3.You must ensure that the installer’s vehicle can be parked as close as possible to the installation site. If a parking area cannot be located nearby the site, the installation may be abandoned and a return charge (as defined in 23.1. and 23.2.) may be made. ‘The Customer’ will be liable for any costs incurred by the installation team (metered parking etc.) during the installation period.
23.4.Any damage or fault must be reported at time of construction otherwise you will not be liable for replacement parts thereafter. Customers are required to thoroughly check the cabin after construction is complete for any damage or fault and will be required to sign a confirmation document on completion.
23.5. We will not be liable for any movement on the windows or doors. This must be rectified by you.
24.If the goods have not been delivered, you can cancel the contract at anytime from the day the contract is made until the expiry of 7 days following the day after receipt of the goods (except for bespoke/made to order cabins defined in 24.2). Cancellations must be made in writing either by letter, fax or email and must be sent registered mail. This is to ensure that we receive your cancellation request otherwise you will be liable for the full cost of the cabin if we do not receive written confirmation of cancellation within 7 days.
24.1. An additional charge may be made if the order is cancelled after delivery has been scheduled by a third party.
24.2. ‘The Customer’ has no right to cancel at any time if the order includes special order items, non-standard options, adaptations, or personalised preferences. Buildings ordered for delivery direct to the customer from overseas (e.g. log cabins) are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once shipping has commenced.
24.3. Minor cosmetic damage, and natural variances in timber buildings such as knots, natural cracks and shakes are not classed as imperfections or flaws, and not classed as faulty. 24.4. We will not accept any return or cancellation if the goods have been altered, assembled, painted or customised in any way.
25.We will not accept liability for any product which does not meet your required dimensions, unless the exact dimensions have been obtained in writing from us, prior to order. All sizes shown are quoted as approximate, and may be changed at any time.
25.1. You should check before ordering that the building will be suitable for it’s intended purpose.
25.2 It is your responsibility to check with your local planning authority regarding the required planning permission for their building to be erected. Logcabins Lakeland will not be liable for any problems or delays arising from planning permission.
25.3. We will not accept liability for issues caused by the installation of any product by a third party.
25.4. If you do not receive goods ordered within 30 days of the date ordered (unless a longer delivery time had been agreed), we shall have no liability to you unless notified in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
25.5. If we (or our suppliers) are unable to supply your order, we will refund you in full as soon as possible. We will not be obliged to pay any compensation for disappointment or inconvenience.
25.6. We will not be liable a) for losses that were unforeseeable to both parties when the contract was made, b) for losses that were not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier, c) for business losses and/or losses to non consumers. No liability for damage to property or belongings will be accepted in the event that the installers are required to access the site through a house or property (commercial or residential), ‘The Customer’ should ensure that all floor coverings are protected, and any valuables or breakable objects should be removed from the thoroughfare.
25.7. In the event that we arrange an installation service, no liability for damage to property or belongings will be accepted in the event that our installers are required to access the site through a house or property (commercial or residential), ‘The Customer’ should ensure that all floor coverings are protected, and any valuables or breakable objects have been removed from the thoroughfare. If we fail to enforce any of these conditions, that shall not mean we have waived any of our rights, and we retain the right to enforce any of these conditions at any time.
- All our log cabin kits are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from date of purchase. This is a parts-only guarantee, and no labour or installation costs are covered.
Warranties will be void if damage, misuse or neglect has occurred by the you, a third party not related to Log Cabins Lakeland, such as an independent installer or damage occurring outside of our control such as adverse weather.
26.1 You MUST treat the cabin with a stain or wood preservative within 7 days of erecting the cabin. You MUST also install guttering within 14 days of erecting the cabin. We will not be liable for damage or damp occurring to the cabin if this has not been done within the specified time frame.
- English law shall apply to these conditions.
Complaints and disputes
28.1 If you have a complaint about the Goods or service, you should contact Log Cabins Lakeland by:
28.1a Post- sent to the address at the end of these terms.
28.1b E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
28.1c Telephone on 01931 712044
28.1d We will try to respond in writing to your complaint within 14 working days of receiving it.
Lakeland Pallets Ltd trading as Log Cabins Lakeland is a company registered in England and Wales, registration number 3216619.
Bessy Ghyll Business Park.